Innovative Dentistry is happy to announce that as of June 1 we are once again open for clinical appointments (fillings, crowns, implants, extractions, etc.). Regularly-scheduled cleanings will resume also.
Please contact us to book your appointment. If you had an appointment scheduled during the shutdown, we’ll be in touch soon to get you back on the schedule.
Patient safety has always been our top priority. We’ll continue to treat every patient with universal precautions and are taking extra measures to keep you and your family safe during this pandemic.
What we are doing to keep you safe:
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. In the midst of the current Coronavirus pandemic, we’d like to reassure you that our team continues to be committed to your health and well-being.
We follow all recommendations made by the ADA, ISDS, CDC, and IDPH. Our team is staying up-to-date on any new guidance issued by these agencies to ensure our procedures are current.
We’re implementing extra precautions to exceed all mandated safety procedures, including:
- Installing 2 Air Scrubber by Aerus units in our dental office and in each patient room we have a hepa air purifier. These high-tech purifiers clean the air throughout our entire office.
- Taking temperatures of every team member before the day begins.
- Wearing the best-available personal protective equipment (PPE), including masks, gloves, face shields, and lab jackets to prevent unknown cross-contamination.
What to expect at your next appointment:
In addition to the extra sterilization and infection control procedures above, you may notice a few changes at your next appointment.
- Our office will communicate with you before your appointment to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office and we’ll also take your temperature.
- Your appointments will be scheduled to allow for social distancing between patients (that might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment).
- We’re doing our best to reduce waiting times for you and reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- We proactively clean and disinfect our waiting rooms, patient rooms, and are limiting common “touch points,” where possible.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at check-in and check-out — we’ll encourage you to use it!
- Toys, books, and magazines have been removed from our waiting rooms and patient rooms for infection control purposes.
- We request that families limit non-essential adults during office visits. When possible, only bring the child/children being seen for a visit with one parent/guardian.
- Patients experiencing a temperature, cough, or other COVID-19 symptoms will not be permitted in our office. Thank you for your understanding!
While things may look a little bit different in our office right now, know that our dental team is committed to maintaining the quality of our care. We’ve missed seeing you here in our office and are ready to safely provide you with the high-quality, comprehensive care you’ve come to expect.
The importance of good oral hygiene during the pandemic
Taking care of your dental health is always important — but it’s especially critical during this Coronavirus pandemic. There is a direct correlation to the health of the mouth and the overall body. Infection, inflammation, and other oral health issues have been linked to a variety of diseases.
Don’t let oral health issues affect your ability to fight off a virus and stay healthy. Our team is here to keep your teeth and gums healthy, reducing your risk of getting sick and improving your health during this vulnerable time.
If you or a loved one is experiencing symptoms of fever or cough, we kindly ask you to reschedule your appointment to a later date by calling our office. We’re very flexible with rescheduled appointments as we understand everyone’s concerns at this time.
Thanks for your trust
On behalf of the entire Innovative Dentistry team, I would like to personally thank each and every one of you for trusting your dental care with us. We will get through these challenging times together. I look forward to continuing to provide you and your families with the best dental care in all the Metro East St. Louis Area.
Dr. Jeffrey M Lautz DMD